Accessibility Regulations for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in California
Fri, Jan 19, 2018
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM PST
The Division of the State Architect (DSA) developed accessibility standards for electric vehicle charging stations in order to ensure accessibility to electric vehicle charging stations by individuals with disabilities, and to provide guidance to designers, station developers, building owners, and local building departments. The California Building Standards Commission adopted the accessibility standards for electric vehicle charging stations as part of the 2016 California Building Code (California Code of Regulations, Title 24), which became effective on January 1, 2017.
Principal Architect Ida Clair and Senior Architect Derek Shaw of DSA will discuss federal resources addressing accessibility of electric vehicle charging stations, followed by an overview of the regulatory requirements to plan for and provide accessibility to electric vehicle charging stations in public buildings, public accommodations, commercial buildings and public housing facilities in California.
Note: If you need accessibility assistance in order to participate in this webinar, contact Green Technology at 626-577-5700, or email email@example.com
This webinar offers one AIA CEU.
About the Speakers:
– Principal Architect, Codes and Standards, DSA Headquarters
– Twenty six years of experience as an architect in private practice
– Certified Access Specialist since 2009, CASp-045
– Responsible for oversight of regulation and policy development for DSA’s Access Code and Policy Section
– Responsible for planning and oversight of the Access, Fire and Life Safety, and High Performance Programs
– Responsible for technical oversight of the Certified Access Specialist Program
– Founding member of the Certified Access Specialist Institute
– Director, AIA Central Valley 2016-2018
Derek M. Shaw
– Senior Architect with California’s Division of the State Architect’s Headquarters Office in Sacramento
– Responsible for regulation, policy and interpretation development for DSA’s Access Code and Policy Section
– Lead technical writer for California Building Code accessibility provisions applicable to public buildings, public accommodations, commercial buildings and public housing
– Executive Director of the State Historical Building Safety Board
– Licensed California Architect since 1998
– 14 years of experience at the Division of the State Architect
– 25+ years of experience in field of architecture