COVID-19 has created unprecedented challenges for schools, and the situations that schools must navigate are constantly changing.
How will instruction be delivered? What will it take to ensure that school facilities keep children safe and support public health goals? State and local sustainability goals have not been canceled – how can energy and building projects move forward?
The 2021 Green California Schools and Community Colleges Summit will provide a forum for school leaders to share how they are addressing these challenges, including ways that the current crisis might be providing unanticipated opportunities for progress.
Sharon Danks, Founder, Green Schoolyards America
What will the Summit include?
- Education sessions highlighting COVID-19 response to such things as healthy air, navigating remote learning, sustainable cleaning, possibilities of outdoor learning, funding, environmental literacy and more
- Sponsor presentations featuring green products and services to assist schools
- Inspiring keynote sessions
- Technology showcase presentations
- One-on-One Meetings (reservations required)
- Opportunities to network with colleagues and to potential project partners
Who should attend?
This event is designed for public and private sector professionals engaged in planning, designing and executing green school programs. Leaders in these efforts can vary from campus to campus, but include:
- School board members
- Business officers
- Curriculum directors
- Grants officers
- Sustainability directors
- Facility directors, managers and planners
- Energy managers
- School administrators
- Energy consultants