Schools Advisory Board
of Public Education
California State Architect
Colleges Advisory Board
California Community Colleges
Economic Development and
California Community Colleges
Summit at a Glance
List of Exhibitors
2015 Program Guide
Policy, Practice and Technology
The Green California Schools Summit is a unique, once-a-year chance for school stakeholders to get up to date on the technologies, policiesand best practices that are keeping California at the leading edge of the nation’s green schools movement.
High performance schools matter for many reasons, including:
• Savings from energy efficiency can mean more funds for core programs.
• Healthy and comfortable learning environments can improve student performance and reduce sick days among staff and students.
• Green schools provide models of sustainable behavior for students and communities – perhaps the first such experience for many. The facilities themselves become important tools for creating the next generation of green leaders.
• Green schools reduce strain on valuable and diminishing natural resources.
• School energy conservation supports state, national and international efforts to reduce fossil fuel dependence and greenhouse gas emissions.
Education and Training
Speakers at the Summit include leaders and experts from the worlds of policy, technology, design and practice. Learn about effective strategies and innovations from the professionals who have developed and pioneered them!
Topics addressed in presentations and workshops will include:
• Prop 39
• Water Conservation
• Energy Efficiency
• Green Building – codes, standards and best practices
• Zero Net Energy
The Expo is your chance to discover the latest green innovations. Over 100 companies will be on hand, with products and services ranging from energy efficient lighting to curriculum resources.
The keynote session and Expo are free to registered attendees. Start your Summit experience with insight and inspiration.
At the 2015 Summit, JPL research scientist Bill Patzert took attendees on a tour of California's long-term water patterns and the prospects for future water suppy.
Who should attend?
Representatives from public, public charter and private schools, and their private sector partners, including:
School District Superintendents
Facility Planners & Designers
Building Maintenance Managers
Government officials and policymakers
County Office of Education Administrators
Waste management specialists
Become a Partner in Learning - Meet at the Summit
The Partners in Learning program is an opportunity for professional organizations that want to meet onsite at the Summit, a dynamic atmosphere that is designed to inspire, inform and encourage interaction.
As a courtesy, Green Technology provides free meeting space for all Partners in Learning. There are also substantial registration discounts for group members that want to participate in Summit activities. Audio/visual equipment and catering are not provided, but can be arranged and purchased through the Convention Center. In addition, discounted rates may be available at area hotels to accommodate out of town attendees.
If your organization is interested in holding a scheduled meeting at the Summit please call 626.577.5700