Hundreds of millions of dollars for energy projects through Prop 39, an improved state economy, tens of billions of dollars in local bonds for schools construction – these and other factors have brought new resources to California’s schools. At the same time, state and local policies are mandating energy and water efficiency, clean transportation, green building, environmentally preferable purchasing and other strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.The 2015 Green California Schools Summit is your best opportunity all year to make sure that your company reaches decision makers from the largest public education system in the country.
California’s public education system is immense, encompassing more than six million students in about 9,900 schools.
A recent report from U.C. Berkeley’s Center for Cities and Schools estimated that the state needs to invest $117 billion in renovating existing school facilities over the coming decade.
Districts throughout the state have passed bonds and undertaken other actions to make it possible to build and renovate facilities.
The California Community Colleges (CCC) form the largest post-secondary educational system in the world, serving over 2.9 million students annually – 77 percent of California’s undergraduate public college students.
The system includes 112 colleges, 70 off-campus centers and 22 district offices and its assets include nearly 5,000 buildings.
More than 80 percent of higher education enrollment growth in the next decade is projected to occur in the community college system.
In the coming years, both K-12 and community college systems will be undertaking large-scale retrofit programs, to bring facilities up to current efficiency standards. Now is the time to build relationships for these projects!
Reach Decision Makers
Bring products and services to the attention of thousands of California public school leaders and decision makers who are focused on implementing green solutions in their schools!
Who will attend?
• Community college administrators
• State and local community college chancellors offices
• Community college facility planners & designers
• Community college building maintenance managers
• Community college CFOs/business managers
• Community college purchasing officers
• Curriculum developers
• State, county and city government officials and policymakers
• County Office of Education administrators
• Construction managers
• School District Superintendents
• School Principals
• School Board Members
• School Building Facility Planners & Designers
• School Building Maintenance Managers
• School CFOs/Business Managers
• School Purchasing Officers
• School Transportation Specialists
• Curriculum Directors and Teachers
• State, County and City government officials and policymakers
• Anyone involved with implementing green and sustainable activities, workforce development, and educational programs in California's community colleges and K-12 schools!
One of the most popular - and unique - features of Green Technology events is the Buyer/Vendor Lounge. At no extra charge, Summit exhibitors are eligible to participate in the Lounge, which allows them to schedule meetings with buyers who have expressed an interest in their product category.
Space is limited! Call today: 626-577-5700
Information for Exhibitors
Schools Advisory Board
of Public Education
California State Architect
Colleges Advisory Board
California Community Colleges
Economic Development and
California Community Colleges