Call for Industry Presentations
Questions? Send an e-mail to get a fast answer, include your phone number if you would like to be called back.
Green Technology's Pathway to the Futures Initiative is offering an upcoming opportunity for Green Industry members and advoates to develop your future customer base and your future workforce by giving teachers the information they need to bring the real world of the emerging green economy to their middle and high school classes.
If you work in any of the following eight categories, and are familiar with your industry’s current and future trends, products and challenges, please consider participating in the Pathways to the Future teachers’ institute, which will be held in Pasadena (during the Green California Schools Summit) on December 10 – 11. You would only need to attend one of the days.
Click here to find out more about the purposes and agenda of the Institutes.
Industry presentations will consist of panels of 2 industry representatives each, with 15-20 minutes of presentation time per panelist and 5-10 minutes of Q&A following each panel presentation. Each panel would be repeated twice, in consecutive time slots, on either the 10th or the 11th.
We encourage presentations that:
1. Relate directly to one of the above Green Economy topics.
2. Provide an overview of a segment of one of the above aspects of the Green Economy in terms of impact on individuals, businesses and governments and in the context of the larger state and national economy
3. Describe within that context some of the available and expected products and/or services in the zone
4. Give participants some sense of what to expect from that zone in a range of 5, 10, 15 or 20 years.
5. Help teachers understand what their students, both as future consumers and as future workforce, should know about that zone in order to support a smoother transition to a Green Economy and to help those students plan and prepare for their own future careers and lifestyles.
Click here to find out more about the purposes and agenda of the Institute.
© 2009, Green Technology. All rights reserved.