Questions? Send an e-mail to get a fast answer, include your phone number if you would like to be called back.
Green Technology's "Pathways to the Future" Professional Development Initiative is now accepting proposals for curriculum workshops and displays of green curriculum materials for its Southern California 2009 Institute (Pasadena, Dec. 10-11). We encourage workshops and resources that
- Are appropriate for grades 5 - 12
- Explicitly support achievement of California Standards (standards-based or standards-correlated)
- Will help teachers connect the topics they teach to how students can use that knowledge and those skills as producers and consumers in a greener economy.
- Include hands-on activities
- Relate directly to one of these Green Economy topics:
- Energy Efficiency: HVAC, Lighting, Computers & Appliances
- Energy Generation: Solar, Wind, Other (geothermal, tidal, biomass)
- Architecture and Construction: LEED and CHPS-compliant practices and materials in new and renovated buildings
- Transportation: Cars, Mass Transit, and new ways to get from here to there.
- Non-toxic Products: Eco-friendly cleaning products, carpeting, paint, and furniture
- Waste Management: "Cradle to Cradle" product and packaging design, recycling, re-use
- Water: Water supply, Water conservation, Water treatment
- Food: Agriculture, Gardens, Distribution, Preparation
Click here to find out more about the purposes and agenda of the Institutes.